Dell Post Office opens on April 1, 1901.

  • By Greg Lange
  • Posted 11/11/1998
  • Essay 568
See Additional Media

On April 1, 1901, the Dell Post Office opens. Silvester J. Goffard serves as the only postmaster. On February 28, 1902, the post office closes. Dell, which no longer exists, was located 12 miles south of Seattle 2 ½ miles west of Orillia at a sawmill on Bow Lake (formerly called Pete's Lake).


Guy Reed Ramsey, "Postmarked Washington, 1850-1960," Microfilm (Olympia: Washington State Library, February, 1966), 661.

Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both and to the author, and sources must be included with any reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact the source noted in the image credit.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Major Support for Provided By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins | Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry | 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle | City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private Sponsors and Visitors Like You