Address: 17601 99th Avenue SW, Vashon Center, Vashon Island. Located on a prominent corner at the main intersection in Vashon Center, the hardware store has served Vashon residents for many years. Constructed in 1890, the building housed the first store on the island. In 1935, owner George McCormick hired A. C. Harrington to build an addition for the store. At the same time, the storefront was updated with a new streamlined Moderne look and stylized 1930s signage. The store interior retains its high ceilings, wood floors and original display counters, and continues to provide island residents with hardware and garden supplies.